franco 920 stone
after selling out twice, our franco 920 sneaker in stone is back! this is a trash planet favourite: inspired by the 90's and skate culture with a contemporary streetwear twist.
- 100% peta-approved vegan and cruelty-free
- over 85% recycled
- recyclable as part of our sneaker recycling scheme. send them back and save £10 off your next pair
- ethically made in portugal
- 15 trees planted
- removable biodegradable insoles
- independently designed
- oeko-tex 100 certified
- global recycled standard certified
the 920 stitching signifies the date they were designed (september 2020). no sneaker will ever be made the same again. these shoes are ethically made by local artisans just outside of portugal in our small family-owned factory.
• canvas: 100% made from post-consumer plastic waste as part of an ocean clean-up initiative. The plastic is collected from the sea and then recycled and transformed into a yarn, which we use for our shoes.
• vegan suede: 100% vegan microfiber. oeko-tex 100 certified and recyclable.
• sole: made from 70% post industry recycled rubber and 30% raw rubber. 100% recyclable.
• laces: 100% recycled polyester.
• lining: made from 30% corn waste and 70% recycled pet. 100% recyclable.
• insole: removable. the base is made from biodegradable plant fibres. the upper layer is made from 30% corn waste and 70% recycled pet and is recyclable.
• insole board: 100% recycled cardboard.
send your old trash planet footwear back to us and we'll disassemble them and recycle them.
as a thank you, you'll get £10 off your next pair.
recycled plastic bottles become our laces and mesh
we tested organic cotton laces, but they didn't hold up. we opted for 100% recycled polyester laces.
they're super durable, easy to clean and stay looking fresh for even longer. they're recyclable too!
we use waste fibres from trees and the kenaf plant to create our insoles.
they're also orthopedic to provide optimum comfort alongside our premium cushioning.
75% recycled. 0% compromise on durability.
2 years of testing and development results in our iconic soles being optimised to last. we've combined 75% recycled rubber with 25% high-quality natural rubber to create a superior blend for reinforced strength.
we've also added extra thickness to the most common break points to provide even more support where it matters most.
corn just got even sweeter
our groundbreaking new lining is a feature in all of our sneakers.
it's made from 70% sweetcorn fibers, which are waste from the agricultural industry and 30% recycled pet.
plastic doesn't belong in our oceans
that's why we work closely with a global ocean clean-up initiative in spain to bring value to waste.
our mesh and laces are made with 100% recycled plastic.
so far, an estimated 600 tons of waste have been extracted from our oceans.
footwear doesn't belong in landfill
so let's make sure your shoes never end up there. when you're finished with your footwear you can send them back to us for recycling and we'll take care of the rest.
in return, you'll get £10 off your next pair of trash planet sneakers.
it's our way of saying thank you for supporting us and for helping the planet.
15 trees at a time
we always want to do better. that's why we'll plant 15 trees for every single pair of trash planet sneakers purchased.
but - it gets better: our mangroves absorb up to 4 times the amount of carbon compared to standard forests.
so far, you've helped us plant over 6,000 trees!
here's to a greener, cleaner planet!