Over 70% Recycled and PETA-Approved Vegan
Ethically made in Portugal
We plant 15 trees in Madagascar
Core Features and Certifications
- 100% Vegan. Over 70% Recycled.
- Our iconic custom chunky Trash Planet Billie sneaker took almost 2 years of development and testing. We've ultimately designed this sneaker to look contemporary, provide comfort, durability - and, of course, to be as green and sustainable as possible.
- Billie tends to fit a little smaller than Franco, so we recommend sizing up.
- Our silhouette is inspired by the chunky designs that we loved from the '90s. Where soles normally break, we've added extra density and support to our own custom recycled rubber soles to keep you going for longer.
- Independently designed by Trash Planet's team of two, Holly and Jordan in the UK. The sporty upper is made with Oeko-Tex certified luxury recyclable vegan suede and a 100% recycled mesh. The durable lining is 70% recycled corn and 30% recycled PET. The comfortable and removable insole is biodegradable and made from natural fibres. 100% recycled laces.
- These sneakers are handmade by fairly-paid local artisans just outside of Porto, Portugal in our small family-owned ethical factory run by two brothers whose family has been making luxury sneakers in the area for generations.
- We'll plant 15 trees for you when you purchase a pair to aid in reforesting mangroves in Madagascar and to make your purchase carbon negative.
- Send your old Trash Planet sneakers back to us and get £20 off your next pair as part of our initiative to make sure every sneaker has a chance of being reused and reborn.
Canvas: 100% made from post-consumer plastic waste as part of an ocean clean-up initiative. The plastic is collected from the sea and then recycled and transformed into a yarn, which we use for our shoes. So far, an estimated 600 tons of waste from our oceans has been cleared up. Made in Alicante, Spain.
Vegan Suede: 100% vegan microfiber. Oekotex 100 Certified and recyclable. Made in La Rioja, Spain.
Sole: Made from 70% post industry recycled rubber and 30% raw, natural rubber. 100% recyclable. Made in Felgueiras, Portugal.
Laces: 100% recycled polyester. Made in Lousada, Portugal.
Lining: Made from 30% corn waste and 70% recycled PET. 100% recyclable. Made in La Rioja, Spain.
Insole: Removable. The base is made from biodegradable plant fibres. The upper layer is made from 30% corn waste and 70% recycled PET and is recyclable. Made in Porto, Portugal.
Insole Board: 100% recycled cardboard. Made in Lousada, Portugal.
TakeBack Recycling Scheme
- Send your old Trash Planet sneakers back to us and we'll disassemble them and recycle them. As a thank you, you'll get £20 off your next pair.
Size Guide and USA Size Conversion
We recommend sizing up one from your usual size. Our sizing chart can be found here.
If you're a US size, here's the conversion breakdown:
UK 4 - EU 37 - US Women's 6
UK 5 - EU 38 - US Women's 7
UK 6 - EU 39 - US Women's 8 - US Men's 6.5 - 7
UK 7 - EU 40 - US Women's 9 - US Men's 7.5 - 8
UK 8 - EU 41 - US Women's 10 - US Men's 8.5 - 9
UK 9 - EU 43 - US Women's 11 - US Men's 9.5 - 10
UK 10 - EU 44 - US Men's 10.5
UK 11 - EU 45 - US Men's 11 - 12
920 is our first ever Billie collection. Every pair will come with this number, which is the date that they were made (September 2020) stitched onto the side tab.
No Billie sneaker will ever be made the same again.
Exchanges and Refunds
About Trash Planet
TRASH PLANET is the future of sustainable vegan footwear. We were tired of unethically made, unsustainable plastic footwear and bland sustainable styles so we went on a mission to create Trash Planet and redefine sustainability ourselves. It took us on a journey of two years, tens of factories, hundreds of materials, and thousands of miles through multiple countries in a 20-year-old car to make a sneaker we're proud of.
We now create very limited collections of high-quality sneakers that are all vegan, at least 50% recycled and ethically made in Europe. We also plant 15 trees to offset more carbon than ever put out during production, and you can recycle your sneakers with us as part of our TakeBack Scheme to make sure no sneaker ever ends up in landfill.
- 100% Recycled -
Recycled Plastic Bottles become our Laces and Mesh
We tested organic cotton laces, but they didn't hold up. We opted for 100% recycled polyester laces.
They're super durable, easy to clean and stay looking fresh for even longer. They're recyclable too!
Seriously Comfortable... and Biodegradable.
We use waste fibres from trees and the kenaf plant to create our insoles.
They're also orthopedic to provide optimum comfort alongside our premium cushioning.
- Super Chunky Outsoles -
75% Recycled. 0% Compromise on Durability.
2 years of testing and development results in our iconic soles being optimised to last. We've combined 75% recycled rubber with 25% high-quality natural rubber to create a superior blend for reinforced strength.
We've also added extra thickness to the most common break points to provide even more support where it matters most.
- Our Revolutionary Lining -
Corn Just Got Even Sweeter.
Our groundbreaking new lining is a feature in all of our sneakers.
It's made from 70% sweetcorn fibers, which are waste from the agricultural industry and 30% recycled PET.
Plastic Doesn't Belong in our Oceans.
That's why we work closely with a global ocean clean-up initiative in Spain to bring value to waste.
Our mesh and laces are made with 100% recycled plastic.
So far, an estimated 600 tons of waste have been extracted from our oceans.
- Trash Planet Sneaker Recycling Scheme -
And Our Footwear Doesn't Belong in Landfill
So let's make sure your shoes never end up there.
When you're finished with your footwear you can send them back to us for recycling and we'll take care of the rest.
In return, you'll get £15 off your next pair of Trash Planet sneakers. It's our way of saying thank you for supporting us and for helping the planet.
Our War on Carbon
We always want to do better. That's why we'll plant 15 trees for every single pair of Trash Planet sneakers purchased.
But - it gets better. Our mangroves absorb up to 4 times the amount of carbon compared to standard forests.
So far, you've helped us plant over 5,000 trees!
Here's to a greener, cleaner planet!